A resource for young people with disabilities who want to have more control over their planning and supports.... and their life!
- Wanna move out of home?
- Wanna be more independent?
- Wanna take charge of your life?
- Wanna make decisions about the things that affect you?
Here you’ll find some good advice and stories from young people with disabilities who are taking charge and making decisions about their lives – just like you can too!
You’ll learn how you can…
- Plan and be in charge of your supports to help you get the life you want.
- Get out with friends and do the things you want.
- Understand your rights and speak up about what you want.
- Why planning is a good idea
- Making the most of planning
- What a good plan should look like
- The benefits of having support with planning and
- Choosing someone to support you with planning
- Using planning to try new things
- Different ways to get involved in your community
- Friendship stuff
- Different types of support people might have
- Tips for choosing and managing your supports
- How to be good at communicating
- Speaking up for yourself
- Who can support you to speak up
- Organisations that support you to speak up
- Rights and responsibilities when you have an Independent Support Package (ISP)
- Making a complaint
You can also download the booklet here Planning your way