Be part of the YDAS Social Action workshop series.
Join young people with and without disabilities to learn about how you can use the media to create change on the issues you care about.
Where: Melbourne Multicultural Hub, 506 Elizabeth St (opposite Queen Victoria Market)
When: Saturday , November 17th 2012 12-4pm.
Who: Workshop presented by John Kelly, Media Co-ordinator, Victorian Council of Social Services (VCOSS) with special guest Asha Wolf.
Cost: Free (but you are required to register and places are limited!)
Hosted by: YDAS and proudly supported by the City of Melbourne.
RSVP: By Wednesday November 14th
What will you get out of the workshop?
• Learn how to make the most of media opportunities – know your issue, know your messages, know your ask.
• Build your skills in creating strong campaigns for change on social media.
• Get tips for building your following online.
• Advice for writing good content online and encouraging people to take further action.
• A chance to work with other young people to create effective media around an issue the group is passionate about.
For more information, to discuss your support needs and to register:
Contact Bec at YDAS on 9267 3712 or firstname.lastname@example.org/5/2012